During the lockdown, I have zoomed in and out of calls. That is one of the joys of online, you can leave a meet easily and rejoin later, or sometimes not rejoin. So, lots of variety; sometimes this has been made possible by zoom (directly via zoom), or watching via facebook, youtube, instagram. The only one I haven’t actively used during the lockdown is periscope. This Wednesday saw the most number of online sessions. I purposely have stayed away from weekend events- ie two day events (partially because its good to switch off). I have been online during the weekend nonetheless, my favourite weekend event being with Jay Howard and Piotr Rusinek and Adam Lawrence.
Why do we have favourites?
I think the main reason when you listen to one event, and switch off after a few minutes and some events you tune in for longer, entertainment is one reason, although this isn’t sufficient.
Personally I am a short form listener- I am not a huge fan of podcasts longer than 60 minutes longer (sometimes exceptions).
So what have been some of my favourite events during the pandemic, and thanks to those who have allowed me to listen/particpate (not in any particular order).
- Sunday Morning with Jay Howard, Piotr Rusinek (and guest Adam Lawrence)- very easy format- 30 minutes everyday- from my understanding 29th May was there final online session in this facebook live streaming open format. (Note I am biased- Piotr Rusinek has hosted a number of events- in fact with Jay and Piotr we launched auctions review). Adam Lawrence I could listen to all day and all night longer- he is just an interesting property professional.
- Co-Living-I’ve only listened once- to the UK event- this coming Tuesday Evening (2nd June) one of my favourite speakers is speaking. Whether Stuart was speaking or not I would still listen- its just a more informal event. Global networking
- Details connect with: linkedin.com/in/caterinamaiolini
- REFI Europe- Corporate yet enjoyable.
- Bisnow- Similar to REFI Europe
- nl.property- via instagram- Nigel Berney- never heard of these guys before- London based- humour
- Baker Street Property Meet- Always interesting to listen to Ranjan Bhattarcharys (Creative Property Entrepreneur)
- My own Monday Morning Property Brunch- Co-Hosted with Aaron Yahaya and Jack Jiggens
- Friday Afternoon- Property Happy Hour- Co-Hosted with Grace Ballantyne